Skillet creamy mushroom chicken is one of our get it on the table fast, recipes. We love to serve it over noodles or rice. Personally I love noodles, and this reminds me of a fettuccine recipe, but just a little bit quicker. If you really wanted to, you could use fresh mushrooms, sliced. You would want to add them to the butter and saute them for a few minutes. I just never seem to have them on hand when I need them and so I use canned mushrooms. Also you can always add more salt and pepper to the mixture. It seems that some people like more salt and some like more pepper. That is why it is a great idea to put the salt and pepper on the table and let everybody add more if they want.
Well my husband and I went away for a few days. It was our 30th anniversary and I was a little nervous to leave even though my kids are taller and bigger than I am. I thought that they might starve to death. However we live pretty close to a Little Caesars and a few other fast food places. They were all alive and well when I got home. Even the dog was still alive. I know that I have great kids and that they have been taught how to take care of themselves. I guess it is just that if mom and dad are going to take care of them while we are around, they figure why not! Also, it is just a little strange when your youngest turns 18 and you have been use to taking care of kids for 29 years. Just so you know kids, one day when I am so old that I can’t get around without a walker, this blog is a great place for you to get some recipes when you cook for me. (Right)? I must say that I do enjoy cooking and someday, I know that some of my kids will enjoy cooking too. But for now, I am grateful that they eat the things that I fix and once in awhile we might get a recipe that we don’t all love. That is very rare and I don’t put them on the blog. Maybe that isn’t right, because everyone has their own taste. However I did tell my husband while we were gone that I just wanted to eat something from home. I missed cooking and I missed eating it. I ate McDonald’s two times and that is two times more that I have in the last three years. I am good for another ten years as far as McDonald’s goes.
We did eat at an Italian restaurant one night. I had pesto and it was pretty good. But I like this skillet creamy mushroom chicken better. I am just a simple kind of gal and I eat new things that are different, that are the same, if that makes any sense. One more thing, I came from 90 degrees and tonight it is 52 degrees. That sure makes it a little rough to come home. However, I had to face reality, “you can’t stay on vacation forever”. And if you could, it just wouldn’t be the same, now would it!?! Enjoy your skillet creamy mushroom chicken.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 – 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 (4 ounce) can of mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- In a skillet, add olive oil and place the chicken in the pan, cooking on medium heat. I heat my pan before putting in the chicken, otherwise it sometimes sticks.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper. If you don’t have any, you can use regular salt and pepper.
- Brown on both sides and cook chicken until it reaches 160 degrees in the middle.
- When chicken is done, remove and set it aside.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe pan with about an inch of water and steam for 4-5 minutes. Drain the broccoli.
- Place the butter in the skillet and add the minced garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Then whisk in the flour stirring until all the flour is mixed, about a minute.
- Add the cream slowly and let simmer (low heat) until it thickens.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, and the mushrooms.
- Serve over noodles or rice!