Strawberry Krispies Dessert is a yummy ice cream dessert with a nice crunch on the outside. You can also add Danish Dessert and some fresh fruit, but we like it plain. I also like to add all the ice cream, you can never have too much ice cream. So for your next pot luck try this amazing dessert, it is sure to please all. Also I used 1/2 cashews and 1/2 honey roasted nuts because I didn’t have quite enough cashews, and I felt like it gave it a real good flavor.
As we prepare for our son to move, it is crazy how many things can go wrong. If there is one thing that I have learned in the past few years, it is that you really just have to take a step back and not let things get you too up tight. And a wise man once said “it will all work out”. I am grateful for that advise. And we all know that selling a home is a little crazy in itself. Also their little guy was burning up all day with a fever. He does seem to be doing a little better now; thank heavens. Grateful for ibuprofen and Tylenol! I wish that little ones never had to get sick especially when they can’t tell you what is wrong.
Our sweet friend had a wonderful BBQ to wish my son and his little family the best on their new adventure. It is always fun to have a BBQ and see what other people come up with. The neighbor’s cute daughter made cinnamon and sugar chips with some amazing salsa. I told her that I was going to have to hire her for sure. And she is a sweetheart too. So in the next few weeks I will be having to make some of those amazing chips and that really good salsa, as they were such a fun treat. Drop me some comments and let me know what it is that you like to take to your BBQ or if there is a recipe that you would like me to make and put on the blog. We also had some baked beans and I love my baked bean recipe. So do you have your Fourth of July BBQ planned out? If not, you just might want to add this Strawberry Krispies Dessert to your list! However if you do not have a freezer to put it in, you just might want to take cookies. Here are some links to some cookies that you might like: Chocolate Chip, Monster, or Neiman Marcus
- ½ cup butter, (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- ¾ cup coconut
- ¾ cup cashews or peanuts, (chopped)
- 1 box of Danish Dessert (cooled)
- fresh strawberries or raspberries
- Mix butter and sugar, stir until well blended.
- Add Rice Krispies, coconut, and nuts.
- Put ½ of the mixture into the bottom of a 9" X 13" pan.
- Slice ½ gallon of vanilla ice cream and place on top of the mixture.
- Cover with remaining mixture and freeze.
- Make according to package direction using the pie glaze instructions, (which is 1¾ cups water, and the content of the package and stir until thickened).
- When the topping has cooled down completely, add fresh sliced or diced strawberries or whole raspberries.
- To serve, remove dessert from freezer ½ hour before serving and spoon topping over individual servings.