Macaroni salad is the perfect addition to any BBQ. This salad is great for any get together. It is creamy and works up fairly fast. The celery gives it a nice crunch, and the dressing makes it rich and creamy. You can add an extra can of shrimp if you are big on shrimp. My husband doesn’t care for too much shrimp and so I just add one can. Some people also like to add frozen peas or even cheese cut into small pieces. Another thing that could be added is black olives, but I have a few people in my house that won’t eat them, so I just leave them out.
My cute little grandson got baptized on Saturday, and his sister was blessed. It was such a nice day and this grandma had a hard time getting a hold of her emotions. It doesn’t help when you only get 3 hours of sleep. We did have a fun time at the park and we all had a nice picnic. I am always grateful for a picnic with others, because you don’t have to do the whole meal yourself, and it is always fun to see what other people can come up with. You know us bloggers, we are always looking for inspiration. I am proud of my cute grand kids and that they are making good decisions. It is fun to be a grandparent because you really do get to enjoy them and then they go home. The weather was perfect and it was fun to sit outside and just enjoy life. I know that we do not have much time to do that anymore it seems. Sometimes I have to stop and ask myself what I am doing that is so important, or if there is something else that is more important. I think that I just need a boss to tell me what is most important for me to get done each day. I am pretty sure that if we all had one, we would fire them and do what we want to do anyway.
So I encourage you to plan a picnic or a cookout with friends, family or your neighbors. It’s smart to get it on the calendar before the summer is gone. Even if it is just simple. You can even get some chicken and then make this macaroni salad and add some popsicles, and there you go. Simple. Enjoy your summer and don’t work too hard. Take some time out to play.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Ditalini or small shell macaroni
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 4 hard cooked boiled eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can small shrimp
- 1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion salt
- optional ( 2-3 tsp pickle juice)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. When it is done rinse under cool water. Drain well. I rinse mine in a strainer.
- Chop onions and add to macaroni.
- Slice eggs and add to macaroni.
- Add shrimp, Miracle Whip, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, celery, salt, pepper and onion salt.
- Mix well.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Keeps for several days in the refrigerator, but it does get a stronger taste of shrimp after a few days.
- I garnished it with paprika.