You will love how fast this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole works up. Put some chicken nuggets or chicken strips, ham, chicken soup, sour cream and cheese together and you are on your way to having a fabulous dinner. If you are not a big fan of Swiss cheese, then just change it up with some mozzarella.
My grandson told his mom, “I can’t eat that mom, the cheese is too rich”. I was thinking really, do you even know what rich is? So when I made it again, I just did half Swiss and half Mozzarella; that way it wasn’t as strong tasting. However my hubby loves Swiss so he would eat it with all Swiss. That is one nice thing about this, you can do what you want. Start to finish you can have this on the table in about 45 minutes. I can say that every person that tried this at my house, besides my grandson, has enjoyed this casserole and it has been slicked it up every time I have made it.
So you have got to try this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole today. Your family will be happy that you did. I was being a little lazy when I made this today and I just cut some of the different kinds of cheese into strips and layered them on top each time you are suppose to add a layer of cheese. This can be a go to recipe when you are in need of something fast and delicious.
- 3 cups chicken nuggets or strips, cooked
- 2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 soup can milk
- 2 cups shredded or sliced Swiss cheese
- or use 1 cup Swiss and 1 cup mozzarella
- Top with:
- bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- Cook chicken tenders or nuggets. When cooled cut into chunks.
- In a medium bowl mix soup, sour cream and milk.
- In a 9″ X 13 ” pan, place 1/2 of each of the following: chicken, ham, soup mixture, and then cheese.
- Repeat each step again.
- Top with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- (I used part Swiss cheese and part mozzarella so it wasn’t as strong of taste, however if you like, just use Swiss).