As we are fast approaching the end of the school year and summer is just around the corner, I thought I would post this amazing pasta salad. Most people love the flavor of mozzarella and pepperoni minis mixed with pasta and fresh vegetables. It is a perfect side dish with a good hamburger off the BBQ grill. Or it is perfect for those times when you can get together with loved ones. How about some burgers and a game of croquet? I am not very good at that game. but it is still a lot of fun. Someone has to lose, right!?!
Also isn’t it time to put together a conversation jar? How much do your kids know about you? What was your phone like growing up? A little different from the ones we have now. Our phone was one of those that you put your finger in and rotate the round ring on the front. There were no push buttons. We were lucky, we had a long cord on our phone, so we could take the phone around the corner and go into the closet to have just a little privacy. Well let me tell you that that would only last until the neighbors needed the phone. Yes, we had a party line and we had to share the phone with 2 or 3 other neighbors. It was the worst when they would leave their phone off the hook and we needed to use the phone. They didn’t even know that their phone was off the hook sometimes. It is kind of funny now, but my mother would turn up the radio as loud as she could and would hope that the neighbor would hear music coming from their phone and then they would hang it up. Sometimes however, they wouldn’t hear us and we would have to get in the car and go to their home which was 1 or 2 miles away; not across the street. But you know, it is fun to look back and remember the good old days.
What kind of questions can you come up with? I would love to hear your questions. Please share some in the comments below and lets get out there and make a difference in our families and in the world. It is time to live to the fullest and to get to know our families. Put down your phones, you know those ones that you don’t have to sit on the wall and let’s communicate with each other!!
- 1- 1 pound box of Tri Color Rotini, pasta
- ½ cup pepperoni minis
- 3- sticks mozzarella string cheese, sliced
- ¾ cup chopped cucumber
- ¾ cup celery
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup olives chopped or sliced
- ¾ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups Zesty Italian dressing
- 1¼ tsp Salad Supreme spice
- Cook pasta according to package directions! Rinse with cold water, making sure it is properly drained, place in a large bowl. Add cucumber, celery, olives, pepper,pepperoni, and cheese that is slice into small pieces. Mix in the dressing and the Salad Supreme spice. Stir gently. Just before serving, add the tomatoes. Keep refrigerated.