My grandson who doesn’t eat a lot, asked for fourths! He really likes this easy family casserole. It is so good and creamy. I had to laugh, he said “make sure you get some of the cheese on top”. It seems like if you have cheese on top, most kids will eat it up! Also this casserole makes a lot, so that makes it nice to have leftovers for the next day. We had a nice Sunday dinner with this casserole, jello and some green peas. Then for dessert, we had snicker doodles that my son-in-law had made. It was a perfect meal with ones we love.
The noodles are covered with rich and creamy sauce. This casserole is like linguine. I know that your family will think of it as a real bonus. You can always add a little more salt and pepper to your taste. I tend to like this a little bland and so a lot of time my family will get the salt and pepper shaker and add a little more. That is the beauty of being in charge, you get to control the amount that goes in. I think that my taste buds are on overdrive. That is okay, there isn’t any harm done.
I love this recipe because it works up very fast. Brown your hamburger, and your spices and the tomato sauce and spices. Mix, the cream cheese, sour cream and cheeses. Alternate the layers, top with cheese and you are on your way to one amazing dinner. I hope that you will try it and enjoy it.
- 2 pounds of ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup chopped onion or 2 Tbsp minced, dried
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package of linguine noodles
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or any kind you like)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, place the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic and minced onions, cook until done, then drain off any excess moisture. If using fresh onions wait and add them to the sour cream and cream cheese.
- Stir in tomato sauce, simmer on low for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix with a hand mixer, cream cheese, sour cream, onions (if using fresh), and Parmesan cheese; set this mixture aside.
- Spray a 9"X13" pan with cooking spray.
- Place ⅓ of the cooked noodles into the pan; spoon ⅓ of the cheese mixture over the noodles, then cover with ⅓ of the meat mixture.
- Repeat the layers 2 more times.
- Place the grated cheese on top and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.