Sometimes, just out of the blue, my son will ask for Easy Frito Casserole. It is one of the easiest dishes to make so I usually agree to make it. If you are having a party it is fun to get everyone their own bag of Fritos and let them put the casserole in the bag. Just slice a small cut in the top of the bag and that way you don’t even need to dirty any dishes! Isn’t that a great idea? What are some of your family’s favorite meals that they ask for?
Food is such an import part of our lives. It is a great way to get family back together when older children leave home. I have found that if you feed them, they are usually willing to make an effort to come home. I feel that it is important to keep those family ties once in awhile. Otherwise, we get too busy in life and miss out on the most important things. So set a goal today to have either an old friend over for lunch or dinner, or some of your family. This is a fast and easy way to get dinner on the table, and that way you will have time for fun and games.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can chili con carne
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, chopped
- ½ - 1 cup grated cheddar, or medium cheese
- 3 cups Frito's corn chips
- In a medium skillet, brown and drain the ground beef over medium heat.
- Add tomato sauce and chili con carne.
- Add chopped jalapeno peppers, 1 cup corn chips and the cheese.
- Heat until warm.
- Add additional corn chips for garnishing and to your liking: we add about 2 more cups.