This pistachio cake is a wonderful change from your regular cakes. The surprise ingredient is 7-Up. Take 7-Up, applesauce, and pudding, and you have one amazing cake. I love the chocolate chips in it, mixed with the flavor of pistachio and wow it is so good.
I thought this might be an excellent cake for St. Patrick’s day that is coming up soon, but you can make it any time of the year. I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for something to make each holiday just a little more special. You want your family to come back and visit, bring those cute grandkids and make new memories. So this could definitely be one of those special cakes, and everyone will be coming back for seconds. They might even ask you to make it for their birthday. Yes it is that good.
We don’t do a lot for St. Patrick’s day, but you just need to have some green things to eat for dinner. This would be a perfect finish, after corn beef and cabbage. Share some of your favorite St Patrick’s Day ideas with me. I hope you will all enjoy the cake.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- 8 ounces (1 cup) 7-Up or ginger ale
- 1 (3 ounce ) package instant pistachio pudding
- Powdered sugar
- (or the following ingredients)
- 1 (8 ounce) whipped topping
- 1 (3 ounce) instant pistachio pudding
- ½ cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- green sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, and apple sauce. and stir well.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Fold in 7-up and pudding mix, just until all is blended.
- Bake in a Bundt pan that has been greased and floured. This will prevent the cake from sticking.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- When the cake is finished, take out and let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Then I like to take a orange peeler and run around the outside of the cake and also the middle, so the cake will come out better. Remove the cake from pan and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, OR you can frost with the following:
- Mix whipped topping, instant pistachio pudding (dry), and regular or vanilla yogurt, until smooth.
- Spread evenly onto the cake.
- Sprinkle with green sprinkles (optional)
- This is a very nice and moist cake.