Oh how I wish you could smell this orange baked chicken! And the taste is even better than the smell. I love it because it is a little different recipe than the regular orange chicken coated with corn starch and soy sauce. It works up quickly, however you do need to let it marinate for at least 2 hours to get that sweet taste. If you don’t care for coconut or if you have an allergy, just leave out the coconut because the honey makes it a nice flavor. If you want to get fancy you can even add a little grated orange rind.
I hope that you will try this out tonight! It is nice and crunchy, not soggy. Take my word, your family will thank you. We like to eat it on rice, and if you add a vegetable, you are set. It is so good and wonderful. If your family is like mine, you better be one of the first to the table or someone just might eat your share. Also the weather here is a little gray so this orange chicken will make your day a little brighter. And for the best thing of all, it is even something the grandkids will eat. (Score)
- 2 - 3 pounds of chicken breast, (cut into strips)
- ½ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups corn flakes, crushed
- ¾ cup coconut, sweetened and flaked
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 1 inch strips.
- Mix together orange juice, egg, honey, and salt
- Marinate chicken in the orange juice, egg, honey, and salt mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Mix together corn flakes and coconut.
- Take chicken that has been marinated, and coat it with the corn flakes and coconut mixture.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9" X 13" pan.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Drizzle butter over the top of the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 20 more minutes.