White chocolate macadamia cookies are one of my favorites! Soft and chewy and loaded with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. The edges are light and crunchy, while the centers are soft and chewy. I wish I could share some with you. Some people like them with milk, however not me, I just eat more cookies because milk takes up too much room in my belly. Lol.
This recipe does make a nice size batch, and yesterday was a fun day, my birthday! So I decided to share some cookies with my friends and neighbor. I said to myself “it is the 23rd so I will give away 23 cookies”. I put 23 cookies in a large zip lock bag and put a picture of the cookies on face book and said that the first person who guessed the correct number of cookies in the bag, won the cookies. I even delivered the cookies to the winner—it’s a good thing that they were local! I think I will do something fun like that from now on, on my birthday. I felt a lot happier than just getting gifts for myself. However I feel that the outpouring of love was a hundred fold! That was definitely the best birthday ever!!
The weather has been a little gray lately so it always makes you feel better if you can reach out and do something for someone else. Try making some of these today and share with someone that you feel might need cheering up. Try it and let me know how things turn out? Enjoy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Shortening ( I used ½ Crisco and ½ coconut oil)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1¼ cups quick-cooking quick oats
- 1¼ cups macadamia nuts
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, and both sugars.
- Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Beat for at least 1 minute.
- Then add flour, salt, baking soda, and oats, stir until mixed.
- Fold in nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by cookie scoop or 2 teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.