Chicken divan is so quick and easy you can have it on the table in 30 minutes. It is great because it has broccoli and peppers in it. The only thing that you need is a slice of bread and your meal is complete. I like to add a colored pepper, ether, orange, red, or yellow! The peppers liven it up and with the broccoli it brings out some nice color. One thing that would make it fast would be if you had a rotisserie chicken or left over turkey. That is the part that takes the longest. Try some tonight for dinner and I think that this will be a recipe that you keep in your quick and easy file. It is perfect for those busy days that seem to get away from us.
My daughter is having a baby in a couple of months, and I think that this would be easy to put together for a freezer meal for her. If the chicken is already cooked, the only thing that you would need to note on the outside of the bag to add later would be the mayonnaise, and the cheese. I love that you can put it on top of the stove and it will be ready as soon as it is warm. Perfect. I love making life easier for all. I hope you enjoy this chicken divan as much as our family does. For an extra kick, you could add 1/4 tsp curry powder. Enjoy!
- 3 cups chicken or turkey, diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 pkg. (10 ounce) broccoli OR 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 pepper, cut into strips or small squares, any color (optional)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1½ cups Minute rice (dry)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika for garnish
- Fresh cracked pepper on top (optional)
- Saute chicken in butter in a large skillet (until done).
- Add milk, water, broccoli, pepper and bouillon cube.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Then stir in mayonnaise and cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika and cracked pepper if desired.