I got this recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms about 25 years ago from a great friend and we have really enjoyed them. I think that you will too! They make a great appetizer for any get together or just when you are craving a good snack. I truly have a hard time stopping at 2 or 3. Maybe you could just make a meal out of them. I must tell the truth; mushrooms aren’t my favorite, but I do like these a lot. The sausage mixed with cream cheese make these mushrooms taste amazing. Try some today! They must be pretty yummy, even my 17 year old will eat them, and that is saying a lot. That is because most things he eats has sugar in it. These are pretty healthy, right? Happy New Years and I hope next year is wonderful for you.
- 1 - 16 ounce package of sage sausage
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 24 medium to large mushrooms
- Bread crumbs ( about ⅓ cup)
- Wash mushrooms and pull out the stems, chop ¾ of them and discard the rest. Fry sausage in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until sausage is cooked through.
- Drain the sausage and mushroom mixture on a brown bag. Place back in the pan and add softened cream cheese. Let cool a little, as it makes it easier to stuff mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for (12-15 minutes).
- Broil on low on top shelf for (3-5 minutes).