Holiday Cranberry Salsa! Cranberries, jalapeno, and cilantro together give this salsa such a good flavor. The salsa adds so much to the cream cheese when it is added on top. Add some crackers and you will have a hard time just eating a few. The colors are rich and beautiful and make it just the right dish for this time of year. Most people think that it is made from pomegranates just because the sugar makes it sweet instead of tart. Take it to any party, and I’m pretty sure that you will be bringing home an empty plate. I had to laugh, my daughter asked me what was in this salsa that made it so addicting. I have to admit that I don’t know, but I guess that it is just all of those amazing flavors that make you want to keep eating it until it is gone!
This recipe is from my sister-in-law, Donetta and it is definitely one of our favorites. Try it today and l hope that you love it as much as we do. Be careful if you place your crackers around the plate because there is a juice that runs out of the cranberries and it will make your crackers soggy.
- 12 oz. fresh Cranberries
- 1 medium Jalapeno, (remove the seeds)
- 1½ Tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 large green onion stem (chopped)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. cream cheese
- Wash the cranberries, cilantro, and green onions and pat dry.
- Using a food chopper or a food processor, chop cranberries to a course mixture.
- Place cranberries into a mixing bowl.
- Chop up jalapeno (seeds removed), green onions and cilantro.
- Add sugar and cumin.
- Add this mixture to cranberries and mix.
- Place a lid on it and let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning place the cream cheese on a plate.
- Place salsa over the cream cheese and eat with crackers of your choice.