Chocolate Chip Cookies that are perfectly soft and chewy. You will never need another chocolate chip cookie recipe!
You will love the texture of these cookies, and of course they taste delicious too! Who doesn’t love a soft, gooey chocolate chip cookie? These will disappear so fast that you might want to find a hiding place for a few for later. My best hiding place is the freezer. Then you can get them out when nobody is home, and put that bad boy in the microwave for about 20 seconds, or you can just experiment and adjust to your microwave and your liking!
Many years ago, I worked late at night, and was also going to school during the day. When I came home after working late, I needed to unwind. I would make cookies at midnight, never thinking my roommates might not appreciate that. Sometimes I guess that I was a little noisy, however, my roommates never seemed to mind the cookies the next morning. So what ever time of day you bake? Enjoy!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsps
- 2 tsps. soda
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Nuts (optional)
- Cream shortening, butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, mix until nice and fluffy.
- Place 2 Tbsps hot water in a small cup and add baking soda, stir to dissolve, this seems to make the cookies nice and soft.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients slowly.
- Stir in chocolate chips, (and nuts if desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.