Pumpkin Coconut Bread is a nice change to regular pumpkin bread.
You might want to make it when no one else is around, because if you don’t, it won’t last long. You will make your home smell so good and that helps make great memories too. This recipe delivers two great things; a great smell and some yummy bread. These are some of the joys of fall!
- 1⅓ cups oil or 1 cup oil and ⅓ cup applesauce
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages coconut cook and serve pie filling
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl mix oil, eggs, and pumpkin until nice and creamy.
- Add sugar, flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the two boxes of cook and serve pie filling, mix thoroughly.
- If desired stir in nuts.
- Put in 3 loaf pans that have been lightly greased.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- When done turn out onto a cooling rack.