Tootsie Pop Popcorn Balls are great for trick-or-treats.I still remember the lady that made popcorn balls for us every Halloween for a treat. This recipe brought back some treasured memories.
Tootsie Pop Popcorn Balls
Recipe type: Candy
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 quarts unseasoned popcorn
- Tootsie Roll Pops
- Mix sugar, light corn syrup, water, butter, and salt, in a large, thicker, pan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring only until the sugar is dissolved.
- Continue to cook without stirring until syrup forms a brittle ball when dropped into a cup of cold water.
- Add vanilla and pour slowly over the popped popcorn and mix well.
- Unwrap 10 Tootsie pops.
- Using vinyl food prep gloves, shape popcorn around the tootsie pop applying enough pressure to make the popcorn ball stick together.