Home made root beer! What could be better? It is so fun to make!
You will love watching the awesome looking steam puff out of the container when you add the dry ice. You and your guests will enjoy the delicious taste. We even served it a few years ago to the trick-or-treaters for Halloween, and it was a huge hit!
- 4 gallons water
- 1 (2 ounce bottle) Root beer extract
- 4 pounds of granulated sugar (about 8 cups)
- 4 lbs. dry ice
- In a 5 gallon cooler, add 3 gallons of water and 1 bottle of root beer extract.
- Add the sugar, and stir with a very long spoon.
- WITHOUT touching the dry ice (it will burn you if you touch it) add the dry ice to the cooler.
- Cover the cooler with a dish cloth, so the root beer doesn’t splash all over.
- Do NOT put the lid on tight or the dry ice will blow the lid off.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes.
- You can add 1 more gallon of water, or add crushed ice in place of some of the water.