Great Grape Punch is so juicy and good. We especially like it made with home canned grape juice made from grapes from my son and daughter-in-law’s tree.
Great Grape Punch
Recipe type: Beverage
Serves: 3 Quarts
- 2 quarts grape juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of water or ice cubes (either, but not both)
- 2 (12 Ounce) bottles sprite or ginger-ale
- 2 or 3 lime slices
- A few orange slices
- In a 4 Quart pitcher or larger pitcher, combine grape juice, orange juice, sugar, fresh lime juice, and water (add water only if you are not going to add ice cubes later). If adding water, stir until you are sure that sugar is dissolved.
- Add sliced limes and oranges.
- Let cool.
- Just before serving, add Sprite or Ginger-ale, and ice cubes if you did not add water already.
- Here are a few different ideas for substitutes.
- Use home canned grape juice, frozen grape juice concentrate, or black cherry Kool-Aid.
- You can use Pineapple juice and pineapple slices in place of orange juice and orange slices.
- You can even use frozen black berries or blue berries.