Cauliflower Soup has so many fresh and delicious ingredients. It is such a good time of year for soup, and this soup does not disappoint!
Recipe Type: Soup
Serves: 8 people
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 cup potatoes (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Chives or parsley to garnish
- Boil cauliflower, carrots, celery, and potatoes in water.
- Drain the water, except for 1 cup.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and add chopped onions; cook until onions are soft over a medium to low heat.
- Put the chicken broth in a different pan, add the flour, stir, and add to the cauliflower and other vegetables.
- Stir until it comes to a full boil; stir in the half and half, and the cauliflower liquid, Worcestershire sauce, and the salt.
- Keep the soup warm; but do not boil.
- Add cheese, and top with chives or parsley to garnish.