Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect way to start off your day, or a great snack for anytime of the day.
Just beware that it won’t take long for these to disappear! I have figured out that if I am making them to take somewhere, I better make a double batch and plan on leaving some home. My family loves when pumpkin season comes around and these are definitely one of their favorite pumpkin dishes.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
- 1½ cups vegetable oil (I use ¾ cup oil & ¾ cup unsweetened apple sauce)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil/applesauce until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add to pumpin mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin tins ¾ full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16 - 18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Yields about 24 regular muffins.