Peanut Butter Cookies are a bit crunchy even when they are moist. The rich taste of peanut butter gives these cookies such an awesome flavor.
This is my grandmother’s recipe, and baking them (and eating them) bring back fond memories of her. She used to make it with Lard. I changed it to 1/2 cup of coconut oil or you can use Crisco. I also like to add little chocolate chips to mine.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream coconut oil, butter, and sugar.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add eggs, then dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Roll into balls. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes