Grape Dessert is a new recipe to me. I promise you that after you or anyone else tastes it, they will be impressed. It is so simple to make and Oh Sooo Good! I think that one of the secrets of this recipe is to make sure to let the brown sugar seep down through the grape mixture overnight. It creates somewhat of a caramel and gives this recipe an exquisite taste. The dish is good if you eat it immediately, but not as good as if you wait!
Some of my family members don’t care for pecans so sometimes I leave them out. That is perfectly fine. Some people prefer pecans, so if they do, put them in, or just let those eating the salad add them.
The first time that I tasted this grape dessert was at a family gathering. My sister who doesn’t cook much brought it. Everyone was asking who brought it because they liked it so much. Nobody believed who brought it; but to be fair, there is no cooking involved!
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 pounds green grapes
- 2 pounds red grapes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (you can buy these already chopped) (for those who don't care for pecans, these are optional)
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Fold in all grapes.
- Mix brown sugar and pecans (if you use them) together.
- Sprinkle this mixture (or just the brown sugar) on top of grape mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight.